Safety & Quality Control
CMS’s quality control (QC) process is a vital component of our standard operating procedures (SOPs). On-site quality control consists of a proven, daily, step-by-step formatted procedure with the flexibility to fine-tune for each unique project. Our project QC is based on QC Plans, which are project-specific and written in the preconstruction phase to address each phase and type of work. CMS QC Managers follow the USACE 3 Phases of Control for military projects and implement a similar methodology of stringent QC procedures for commercial and industrial projects. At the end of every project, we evaluate our quality performance, develop corrective actions if needed, and share lessons learned as part of our overall continuous improvement process.
CMS’s QC process has been used and proven on over 400 projects for our military and commercial clients. Selected projects have yielded awards and industry recognition. Some of our most recent quality awards include:
ABC Accredited Quality Contractor
- 2021 Excellence in Construction Award, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC), for Replacement of Tank 34 and Vehicle Fueling Station, Luis Munoz Marin Air National Guard Base (ANGB), Puerto Rico
- 2021 Kentuckiana Post Excellence in Small Business Award, Construction Services Category, Society of American Military Engineers (SAME), for Convert Hangar, F/20006 for Program Executive Offices, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
- 2021 Accredited Quality Contractor (AQC), Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC)
- 2021 Award of Excellence, IN/KY Chapter of ABC, for Emergent Repair 6 STI Tanks at MSS, Andersen AFB, Guam
- 2021 Award of Excellence, IN/KY Chapter of ABC, for Replacement of Tank 34 and Vehicle Fueling Station, Luis Munoz Marin Air National Guard Base (ANGB), Puerto Rico
- 2021 Award of Merit, IN/KY Chapter of ABC, for Repair High-Temperature Hot Water (HTHW) & Steam Line D, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
- Safety Training Evaluation Process (STEP) Award, Diamond Level, Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. (ABC)
Health and Safety
CMS has an unshakable commitment to workplace health and safety. At every level of our business – from the office to the job site and everywhere in between – they are at the forefront of how we plan, prepare, and execute our work. From the first day CMS was in business, we have valued above all keeping our people safe and healthy. It’s not just the right thing to do, it’s the only thing to do.
Our strong corporate commitment to health and safety is practiced at every level in the company and is evidenced by our exemplary safety record, with zero OSHA safety citations and below-industry-average Experience Modification Rates (EMRs), OSHA Days Away, Restricted or Transferred (DART) rates, and OSHA Total Case Incident Rates (TCRs or TCIRs).
CMS has numerous safety awards dating back to 2005, including 12 Zero Injury Awards. Most recently, we received the prestigious 2021 National Safety Excellence Award from the Associated Builders and Contractors Association. Our numerous safety awards are listed here.